Thursday 4 April 2013

Cadbury Creme Egg Easter Brownies

Chocolate brownies are always something I have had a great love of,  so when I was flicking through the pictures on my cake decorating facebook's page, (/www.facebook.com/MyCakeDecorating?fref=ts) for Easter inspiration I came across a picture of brownies with Cadbury creme eggs on top. It looked so appetising that I decided to try it myself. I used Cadbury creme eggs in this recipe but you could substitute them for Cadbury caramel eggs if you would prefer. So here is my recipe, any suggestions and feedback welcome, please let me know how you get on. Enjoy!


Ingredients
Fresh from the oven

200g unsalted butter
200g 70% cocoa chocolate
3 large eggs
250g caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
80g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
100g hazelnuts (optional)
6 creme eggs

Method
1. Grease a 20cm/8inch square baking tin and preheat the oven to 160 C.
2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together using either a double boiler or a water bath.
3. Leave to the side to cool.
3. Gradually beat the eggs and caster sugar together until thick and creamy (this may take up to 6-8 minutes).
4. Fold the melted chocolate mixture over the creamy mousse.
5. Add vanilla essence.
6. Sift the flour and cocoa into the mixture and again gently fold.
7. Add hazelnuts at this stage (if using).
8. Pour the mixture into the greased tin and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Remove the tin from the oven and press the Cadbury eggs into the half cooked brownies.
10. Put the tin back into the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
11. Allow the brownies to cool before removing them from the tin and cutting.

Best Wishes,

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment